There is no doubt that education and methods of teaching children have changed a lot during the last 80 years. Any conversation with an elderly person about their experiences at school will highlight some huge differences between then and now.
Whether the changes that have be made have a positive or negative effect on the overall education of children is up for debate with some claiming that a return to schooling from years ago would solve many of todays problems when it comes to the younger generations.
- What do you think school was like for children 80 years ago?
- Do you think schools are better now than 80 years ago?
- What do you think was better 80 years ago?
- What do you think is better now?
- Do you think children have a higher education now than 80 years ago?
- Education noun
- Learn verb
- School noun
- Disipline noun
- Strict adjective
- Teach verb
- Student noun
- Teacher noun
- Misbehaviour noun
- Misbehave verb
Think of a sentence using each of the following phrasal verbs relating to this topic
- Look into
example: the government needs to look into ways to improve education
- Get away with
- Knuckle down
- Get on