Benefits of Online Shopping
Talking about the benefits of online shopping is a great topic for English learners as it not only provides an opportunity to discuss a relevant and practical subject but also helps them to expand their vocabulary and improve their communication skills.
In addition, online shopping is a popular and growing trend worldwide, which means that students will have the chance to engage in discussions and debates that reflect real-life situations.
About the Benefits of Online Shopping
The introduction of the internet into our lives has given us many benefits, allowing us to find information easily as well as connect with people from all over the world.
One huge benefit of the internet was giving us the ability to change the way we shopped. No longer did we need to physically go to a shop to buy what we want, now we could get anything from clothing to groceries with just a click and have them delivered directly to our front door.
In theory, it all seems positive, but even though online shopping may be very convenient there could also be some negative effects of shopping this way.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
- How often do you shop online?
- Do you buy your groceries online? If not, why not? If yes, why?
- What problems have you had when purchasing products online?
- Is there anything that you definitely would not buy online?
- Is online shopping more convenient than shopping at a physical store?
- What are some things you can buy online that you can't buy at a physical store?
- Have you ever bought something online that you regretted buying? What was it?
- Is it more cost-effective to shop online or in-store? Why?
- Would you say online shopping promote impulse buying more than in-store shopping?