Audiobooks have been around for quite a few years and have slowly increased in popularity. They are a great option for people who have impaired vision or are in situations where reading a book is impossible.
Audiobooks are also popular with language learners as a way of practising their listening skills which are often not as advanced as their reading skills.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of audio books?
- Do you listen to audiobooks? If yes, which ones? If not, why not?
- Do you think audiobooks are a good resource for language learners?
- Do you prefer reading books or listening to audiobooks? Why?
- Do you think audiobooks will increase in popularity in the future?
- In what situations would it be easier to listen to an audiobook instead of reading a book?
- In what situations would it be easier to read a book instead of listening to an audiobook?