Benefits From Meditation
Meditation has been used by many people for thousands of years. Most of us think of meditation as a way to relax and break away from the stresses of life, but there are also many others reasons why people choose to meditate.
People will meditate for different reasons, usually based on their lifestyle. The reason someone meditates nowadays can be very different to the reason for meditating 500 years ago. Those who meditate will speak of the benefits it brings them, but do you think you would benefit from meditation?
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you think you would benefit from meditation?
- Why do people meditate?
- Do you meditate? If yes, why? If not, why not?
- Do you know anyone who mediates?
- What are the reasons people give for not meditating?
- How do you think meditating would change your life?