Glamping is a relatively new activity and its name comes from the word “glam” meaning posh and “camping”. Basically it is a camping without the need to actually buy an equipment. You still sleep in tents (although often very high quality tents), but you don’t have to worry about putting the tent up or bring all the other bits of equipment needed for a camping trip. It is a great option for first time campers who want to experience camping without spending a fortune on equipment, not to mention the time it saves not having to set everything up.
- Have you ever been glamping or camping?
- What are some of the advantages of glamping?
- What are some of the downsides of glamping?
- What type of person do you think is better suited to glamping?
- What would you prefer to do?
- Tent noun
- Camp verb
- Equipment noun
- Experience noun
- Posh adjective
- Set up phrasal verb