It is very common in most countries around the world for children to be given homework when they are at school. Depending on the country you are in the education system will be different and the amount and frequency with which children get homework will vary. Some children will start getting homework from as young as three years old, and many older children will receive a few hours of homework every day.
Education and learning are rightly given a high importance by most societies, but is there a point where the amount of homework children receive is actually detrimental to them? Or is it a case of the more homework the better?
- How old were you when you started getting homework from school?
- How much homework did you get? How much did the amount of homework increase as you got older?
- Do children get more or less homework now than when you were at school?
- What are the advantages of children being given homework?
- What are the possible disadvantages of children being given homework?