It seems that everyone around the world is talking about climate change and what we can do to help slow it down or prevent it from happening. Even though many governments are putting policies in place to help there are still some people who don’t believe that climate change is actually real.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Is climate change real?
- What is climate change?
- What are some of the potential consequences of climate change?
- Do you think climate change is exaggerated?
- Do you think that it is possible that the earth's changing temperature is down to natural causes and there is nothing we can do to stop it?
- What are some of the solutions to address climate change?
- How do governments and international organizations respond to climate change?
- What role do science and technology play in addressing climate change?
- Have you consciously done anything to help with climate change?
- Who do you think is the most responsible for slowing down climate change?
- What are some of the challenges in getting people to take action on climate change?