Alcohol has been around for a long time, and it’s not going away any time soon.
Some people drink to celebrate a special occasion, like a birthday or wedding. Some people drink to unwind after a long day or week. And some people just like to have a drink or two with their friends as a way to hang out and relax.
There are many good things about drinking. It can help you feel less stressed and more at ease in social situations. It can also help you relax after a long day at work, which is why so many people choose to drink when they get home from work.
But there are some bad things that can happen if you drink too much alcohol. It can give you headaches and make you feel dizzy. If you’re not careful, it can also make you gain weight and seriously damage your liver.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Why do you think people drink alcohol?
- Do you drink alcohol? If yes, how often?
- What's your favourite alcoholic drink?
- How old were you when you first tried an alcoholic drink?
- What is the legal age for buying and consuming alcohol in your country?
- What do you think should be the legal age for drinking alcohol?
- Why do you think there is an age limit on alcohol consumption?
- Does it make sense to have different ages for buying and consuming alcohol?
- What are the problems of having a legal age of 21 or higher for alcohol consumption?
- What are the problems of having a legal age of 16 or lower for alcohol consumption?
- Why do you think some people choose not to drink alcohol?
- Do you know anyone who is or was an alcoholic?
- Do you think it is ok to drink a small amount of alcohol ever day?
- Have you ever been so drunk you can't remember what you did?
- Do you think people have more fun when they are drunk?
- How do you think people would react in your country if they made alcohol illegal?
- What kind of problems can people can have if they drink too much?
- Do you think alcoholic drinks are too expensive?
- Do you think the government should do more to encourage responsible drinking?
- What should the limit be on alcohol consumption when driving?
- When can having a quick drink be beneficial?
- Do you think drinking in moderation is harmless?