The Importance of Recycling
Conversation practice on the topic of recycling is an excellent way to improve their overall level of English for several reasons. Firstly, recycling is a discussion topic for English learners that is both relevant and practical in today’s world, and being able to discuss it fluently can be beneficial in various personal and professional contexts.
Additionally, recycling involves a broad range of vocabulary, from the names of different materials to the processes involved in recycling them, making it an excellent opportunity for learners to expand their vocabulary.
Recycling is a great way to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills, as well as reducing the need for new raw materials and energy. Recycling can also help conserve water, which is an increasingly precious resource.
By recycling, you are not only conserving natural resources, you’re also saving energy. The use of recycled materials has been shown to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by reducing the need for new raw materials, which can be obtained through mining and deforestation.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Should people take more responsibility when it comes to recycling?
- Do you recycle plastic?
- Do you think you should recycle more?
- What age should children take responsibility for recycling?
- What responsibility does the government have in ensuring plastic is recycled?
- Should companies take more responsibility about the plastic they use?
- How can we ensure people take more responsibility for recycling the plastic they use?
- What are some benefits of recycling, both for individuals and for society as a whole?
- What are some challenges or obstacles to recycling, and how can we overcome them?
- How can we encourage more people to recycle, especially those who may not see the importance of it?
- How can we reduce the amount of waste we produce in the first place, in addition to recycling?
- How can we educate future generations about the importance of recycling and taking care of the environment?