Buying a Property to Invest
When people have money they want to invest, they have a number of different options to choose from. Some investments are risky and some investments are relatively safe. A typical saying when it comes to investment is “the greater the risk, the greater the reward”.
Investing in property has been a popular option for those with a substantial amount of money available to invest. What do you think? Is buying property a good investment?
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Is buying property a good investment?
- Would you invest in property if you had money to invest?
- Apart from property, what other ways can people choose to invest their money?
- What investments are riskier than property?
- What investments are safer than property?
- What are the risk factors associated with investing in property?