An Open-Borders World
Open borders is an intriguing and relevant topic for English learners to discuss, as it offers a unique opportunity to improve their language skills while exploring global perspectives.
Engaging in conversations about open borders allows learners to practice expressing their opinions, debating ideas and expanding their vocabulary related to immigration, international relations and cultural diversity. Learners can also enhance their language proficiency and develop critical thinking abilities.
About Open Borders
In the current era we are living in it is much easier for people to travel, and with technology, we can easily stay connected with anyone around the world and see what is happening in different countries through our TVs, computers and mobile phones.
All of this makes us feel more connected with others not just in our own community, but other people around the world. A world with open borders where people are free to travel and live anywhere they want sounds like a great idea, but would the reality of open borders really be that great?
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Is a world with open borders a good thing or a bad thing?
- What other advantages and disadvantages of open borders are there?
- Do you think all countries will eventually end up with open borders?
- Do you think open borders can contribute to global peace and cooperation?
- Can technology help manage open borders effectively?
- Does open borders contribute to economic growth and development for all countries involved?
- Should countries prioritise national security over open borders?
- Should open borders be considered as a solution to address labour shortages?
- Can countries maintain open borders while still preserving their cultural identity?