The topic of hobbies holds great value for English learners as it offers a gateway to language improvement and cultural exploration. This introduction delves into the significance of hobbies in people’s lives, showcasing diverse interests and pastimes.
By delving into hobby-related vocabulary and expressions, learners can develop a broader range of conversational skills.
A hobby is something you like to do for yourself in your free time.
Hobbies can be anything from playing video games to collecting stamps.
People love having hobbies because they can help them relax and destress.
Hobbies also help people connect with others and make new friends.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you have any hobbies?
- What hobbies did you used to have when you were younger?
- Do you prefer indoor or outdoor hobbies?
- Why do you think people like having hobbies?
- What hobby would you like to start?
- Do you think having lots of different hobbies is bad?
- What are the benefits of having a hobby?
- What hobbies do your friends or family have?
- Can you think of a really boring hobby?
- Can you think of a really dangerous hobby?