Advertising is the industry that pursues the public’s attention towards something like a product or a service.
In this way, advertisements are used to attract interest, engagement and sales. These ads or adverts can come in many forms, existing two larger categories of advertising: digital and traditional.
On the one hand, digital advertising gives the possibility of reaching a wide public and can also be customized to narrow down a specific audience. Internet audiences can be targeted through social media platforms or displayed advertisements like banners and pop-ups.
On the other hand, traditional advertising can reach an enormous audience. We can still find traditional advertisements on television, radio, newspaper, magazine, direct mail, and billboard designs.
- Do you think advertisements are more creative nowadays?
- What memories do you have from the advertisements you used to watch on the television when you were a child?
- Can you remember any of them?
- What aspects do you think should be taken into account by publicity companies when they are creating a new campaign?
- What do you think about the banners a and pop ups appearing on your phone?
- Which kind of adverts do you think persuade more people to get a product, a spot on the television or an advert in the bus stop?
- What’s your opinion on celebrities appearing in adverts?
- What reason takes you to purchase a product over the others?
- Which media would you prefer to advertise on?