Why to Become a Politician
Becoming a politician is not usually top of the list when you ask schoolchildren what they would like to be when they grow up, but there are many people who decide to pursue a career in politics.
Being a politician comes with its downsides as you will be a public figure who is commonly scrutinised by both the public and the media, and in some cases, the hate they receive goes beyond what is acceptable. Given the negative points associated with becoming a politician, why do you think people choose to become politicians?
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Why do you think people choose to become politicians?
- Do you know anyone who is a politician?
- What is your perception of politicians?
- Why do you think some people hate politicians?
- Do you think more should be done to encourage children to get into politics?
- What are the good aspects of being a politician?