A butcher was targeted by Vegan activists who left signs outside his premises saying “rot in hell murderous scum” and “cancer on you and your family”. Although he was unfazed by the signs, it seems to be coming a more common practice to aggressively attack butchers or people who work in this industry, not only with signs and nasty messages, but also with physical abuse.
Obviously vegan activists are very passionate about their cause and have a right to stand up for what they believe in, but how far they should be allowed to go in putting their message across is another question.
Read the full news article here
- Are you or have you ever been vegan?
- Do you agree with the vegan message?
- If yes, why don’t you become vegan?
- If no, is there any parts you do agree with?
- Do you think writing abusive messages such as in this news article should be tolerated?
- Do you think the kind of behaviour described in the news article helps the vegan cause?
- Vegan noun
- Consume verb
- Butcher noun
- Slaughter verb
- Abuse verb
- Abusive adjective
- Behaviour noun