The topic of snow is a fascinating subject for English learners as it introduces them to a unique and captivating aspect of nature. Exploring snow-related discussions helps improve language skills by introducing basic vocabulary associated with weather, seasons and outdoor activities. Engaging in conversations about snowflakes, snowmen and winter sports nurtures essential language fundamentals, such as sentence structure and adjectives.
Embracing the topic of snow enables students to develop language proficiency while appreciating the beauty and diversity of the natural world.
It is very difficult not to associate winter with snow and having a hot chocolate in front of the fireplace. Just thinking about this image makes you feel cosy and comfortable, doesn’t it?
Thanks to the snow we can practice winter sports like ski or snowboarding, or just going down a hill on a sled!
However, we can’t forget about the difficulties that snow can course, especially when it snows in the city or on the roads.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you like it when it snows?
- Does it snow in the place you live?
- Have you visited places where it normally snows?
- What don't you like about snow?
- What clothes do you think you need for the snow?
- Do you have special clothes to wear in the snow?
- What are some fun activities you can do in the snow?
- Do you like skiing?
- Have you tried going down a hill on a sled?
- What is the best thing about snow?