Voting By Mail
With the US election fast approaching one topic that has been debated in the run-up to election day is voting by mail. Although there are a few different factors that can be argued, it usually comes down to two. Those in favour of voting by mail argue that it gives everybody an opportunity to vote who wouldn’t normally be able to vote in person, and those against voting by mail argue that the method is open to fraudulent votes resulting in an unfair election.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Should people be allowed to vote by mail?
- Can you vote by mail in your country?
- Would you prefer to vote in person or by mail? Why?
- Do you think voting by mail is a good idea?
- How do you think people can take advantage of voting by mail to cheat in the election?
- What do you think can be done to prevent voter fraud?