Prostitution is a great topic for English learners with an advanced level to discuss. It is a complex and controversial topic that can help learners to develop their English language skills. By discussing the topic, learners can also learn new vocabulary and expressions related to the topic.
Prostitution is the practice of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or other forms of payment. It is a form of sex work and is often referred to as the oldest profession in the world. Prostitution is illegal in many countries, but is legal in some parts of the world. In some countries, prostitution is regulated and taxed, while in others it is illegal and punishable by law. Prostitution is a controversial issue, with many people arguing that it should be decriminalized and regulated, while others argue that it should remain illegal. It is important to consider the social, economic, and legal implications of any policy related to prostitution.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you think prostitution should be legal?
- Would you say that prostitution is a victimless crime?
- What are the potential risks associated with prostitution?
- What are the potential benefits of legalising prostitution?
- Do you think legalising prostitution would reduce the number of sex trafficking cases?
- What are the different opinions on prostitution in different countries?
- What would be the potential consequences of decriminalizing prostitution?
- Is prostituion a problem in your country?
- Should the government provide resources to help sex workers transition to other professions?
- In what ways could the government clamp down on prostitution to try and prevent it from happening?
- What are the pros and cons of a prostitue having a pimp?
- If prostitution is legal, what regulations should be in place to protect sex workers?