Discussing the topic of bodybuilding not only improves vocabulary specific to fitness and health, but also engages learners in deeper discussions, hence enhancing their fluency and comprehension skills. This topic can also invigorate student conversations by appealing to their personal fitness interests.
What is Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding is the process of developing and controlling muscles through regular intensive exercises and appropriate nutrition. The aim is not just about increasing muscle size, but muscle definition, and they will often go up against other bodybuilders in competitions where they are assessed by a panel of judges. Bodybuilders usually follow a structured regime, including rigorous workouts and a tailored diet plan, to build their muscular bodies.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What do you know about bodybuilding?
- Why do you think some people are interested in bodybuilding?
- What are the benefits of bodybuilding, in your opinion?
- How important do you think nutrition is for bodybuilders?
- Do you think bodybuilders are healthy?
- Have you ever considered getting into bodybuilding?
- Are there any risks associated with bodybuilding? If yes, what are they?
- Is there a difference between bodybuilding for men and women?
- How do you think bodybuilding affect someone's lifestyle?
- Do you agree that bodybuilding should be considered a sport?