Engaging in conversations about footballer salaries can enhance language skills in various ways. Firstly, it allows learners to practice expressing opinions and justifying their viewpoints. It also involves understanding financial concepts, such as earnings, contracts and market value, which helps expand vocabulary and comprehension.
About Footballers’ Salaries
Reading about the salary of top professional footballers can be an eye-opening moment into the lives of these elite sportsmen. The money most of us can ever dream of having is often the amount of money they earn in just one week!
It has been said that the money they get is too much, and they are not deserving of such amounts. But others say that football is a business and the players are paid based on the money they can generate for the club and as such are deserving of these astronomical sums.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What do you think about the high salaries of professional football players?
- Do you believe football players deserve to earn so much money?
- Should there be a limit on how much money football players can earn?
- Do you think high footballer salaries lead to higher prices for fans?
- What would happen if football clubs drastically reduced player salaries?
- What are the negative effects of paying such high salaries to footballers?
- Why do you think female footballers don't earn as much?
- Do you believe that footballers' salaries accurately reflect their skills and contributions to the game?
- Has these high salaries made the game worse or better?