Comparing Holiday Destinations
Comparing holiday destinations is a great topic for English learners of all levels. It provides an interesting discussion topic and encourages learners to express their opinions and compare different options. Using images also helps ignite their imaginations about different destinations, especially ones they may not be familiar with. The destinations below are:
- Las Vegas
- New York
(Why not ask students to guess the locations before starting the conversation questions?)
- Have you ever visited any one these places? If so, what were they like?
- Why do you think these destinations a popular with tourists?
- Which destination would you most like to visit?
- Which destination would you least like to visit?
- If you had to live in one of these places where would you choose?
- Which destination do you think has the best weather?
- Which destination do you think is best for a relaxing holiday?
- Which destination do you think is best for an adventure holiday?
- Which destination do you think is best for a romantic getaway?
- What other destinations around the world would you really like to visit?