Back To The Future
Back to the Future is a classic film that is both fun and thought-provoking. It has a great story and its themes are still relevant today. If you enjoy science fiction, comedy, or good storytelling, Back to the Future is a must-see film that will leave a lasting impression.
Why not get your students to watch the movie trailer? It’s only one minute long and will help those who haven’t seen the film understand the story better.
About The Movie
Back to the Future is a science fiction comedy film released in 1985. It was directed by Robert Zemeckis and written by Zemeckis and Bob Gale. The main character is Marty McFly, a high school student played by Michael J. Fox. Marty is sent back in time by his friend, a quirky inventor named Doctor Emmett “Doc” Brown (played by Christopher Lloyd).
The story starts with Marty playing guitar in a rock band. He learns about Doc’s time machine, which is made from a DeLorean car. By accident, Marty travels back to 1955. He finds himself stuck in a world that is very different from the one he knows. He meets his parents, who are teenagers, and realizes that his actions in the past can change their future.
Marty and Doc work together to fix the timeline without causing any more problems. They face difficulties, such as Doc’s arrest, Marty’s knowledge of future events, and Marty’s fear of meeting his father. Marty also experiences the 1950s, including the lack of technology and differences in fashion and music.
Marty and Doc have to get the time machine to work, but it needs a strong energy source. With the help of Marty’s parents, Doc is able to get the energy from a lightning strike. Marty is finally able to go back to the future.
Back to the Future is a popular film that is still loved today. It is known for its humour, time travel themes, and its look at the 1950s. The film was a big success and even inspired two sequels. It is considered one of the greatest science fiction films ever made.
Check Your Understanding
- Who is the main character in Back to the Future?
- What is the main problem that Marty faces in the film?
- Who directed and wrote the film?
- Would you like to travel back in time like Marty McFly?
- Have you seen the film? How would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?
- How do you think you would cope if you went back in time and met your parents when they were your age?
- Do you think time travel will ever be possible?
- If time travel was possible, would you prefer to travel to the past or the future? Why?
- Do you think the film's portrayal of 1955 in Back to the Future is accurate?
- Who is your favourite character from the film? Why?
- Do you it would be ethical to change the past and alter the future?
- Do you think time travel would lead to a better future or a worse future for humanity?
- What would you have done differently if you were in Marty's shoes?