The topic of YouTube is highly relevant for English learners as it offers a dynamic platform to enhance language skills and cultural understanding. This introduction explores the significance of YouTube as a global video-sharing platform, presenting a diverse range of content in English.
Embracing this topic allows learners to navigate modern media, access valuable resources and enrich their language learning journey.
YouTube is the most popular platform on the internet for watching videos. YouTube makes it easy for anyone to upload a video for the whole world to see. It has millions on virtually any subject you can imagine.
Although YouTube has many benefits for the everyday person, it is also said to have a lot of negative effects. People can become addicted to watching random videos and spend their days glued to the screen of their tablet, phone or computer.
Many people believe YouTube and similar platforms are particularly bad for children for many reasons, and it has been blamed for an increase in childhood disease and obesity in many countries.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What are the benefits that YouTube give us?
- How often do you use YouTube?
- Do you use any other platforms similar to YouTube?
- What kind of videos do you usually watch on YouTube or similar platforms?
- Do you thinkYouTube can help with children's education?
- Do you think you watch too many videos online?
- If you had to pay to watch videos on YouTube, would you?
- Have you ever uploaded a video to YouTube? If yes, what was it about?
- Do you think YouTube is a good way for people to make money?
- What restrictions do you think there should be regarding the content that people are allowed to upload to YouTube?
- What was the last video you watched on YouTube?