Our Lives Without Social Media
Social media networks like Facebook and Twitter have taken over almost the entire world over the last decade. People regularly check their social media accounts multiple times every day, and with smartphones now commonplace it has never been easier to log in and do a post or check what your friends and others you follow are up to.
The more that social media is being used, the more people are starting to question whether it actually has any benefits to our lives or if it is like a drug that you know isn’t doing you any good, but you are so addicted you can’t go even a few hours without your “fix”.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Would our lives be better without social media?
- Do you use social media? If yes, what networks? If not, why not?
- How often do you or the people close to you use social media?
- What are the benefits of social media?
- What are the negative effects of social media?
- Overall, do you think our lives would be better if we closed all our social media accounts? Why?