The Future of Cash
For many years people have used cash to purchase goods and services, but nowadays the majority of people prefer to use alternative methods of payment, such as credit cards or smartphones, to make purchases.
In the past, many small shops only accepted cash, whereas it is now very unusual to go to a shop where you are unable to pay by card. As a result, cash is being used much less, and it has been said that in years to come cash will become completely obsolete and the only way to pay will be with electronic payment methods.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Will cash become obsolete in the future?
- How often do you use cash?
- Would you say that you are using cash less now than 5 years ago?
- What are the benefits of using cash?
- What problems do you think might occur if cash becomes obsolete?
- What are the main benefits of not having to pay for things with cash?