The Right Salary
The salary that people receive for their job varies according to a number of different factors. Some people think these salary differences are fair, whereas others think the opposite. There is no doubt that the salary that people get is dependent on many factors, but what is not widely agreed upon is whether all these factors should determine someone’s salary or not.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Why do you think some jobs pay more than others?
- How do you think people working in a low salary job can increase their salary?
- What do you think is the most important factor that goes into how much someone gets paid?
- What jobs do you think are overpaid? Why?
- What jobs do you think are underpaid? Why?