There is no doubt that many people all over the world love gaming, whether it be on a PC or games console. Although gaming is popular amongst both males and females it is particularly popular with young boys where it is not uncommon for them to play computer gamers for many hours each day.
For some, gaming is nothing but harmless fun, but for others it can turn into an addiction that controls their entire life. People get into gaming for many different reasons and it is often those reasons that determine the effect that gaming has on their lives.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Why do people like gaming?
- Do you like gaming? If yes, what do you like to play? If not, why not?
- Do you think gaming is a problem among young people?
- What can the negative effects of excessive gaming be?
- What could be the positive effects of gaming?
- What different reasons can you think of about why people like gaming?