Marketing a New Product
Launching a new product or service for a business is always a challenging time, and part of the challenge is knowing when to start marketing. There are arguments for waiting until the product or service is ready and tested, and there are also arguments that the best time to start marketing is before the final product or service is even ready. Usually, the most effective strategy depends on what the business is trying to sell.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- When is the best time to start marketing a new product or service?
- What type of product or service do you think would benefit most from starting marketing before it is ready?
- What type of product or service do you think would benefit most from starting marketing immediately when it is ready?
- What type of product or service do you think would benefit most from starting marketing a few months after it is ready?
- What can be the negative effect of starting to market a product or service at the wrong time?