Traditional Books vs E-books
Comparing traditional books against e-books is an excellent topic for English learners to discuss as it allows learners to enhance their vocabulary by delving into some technological jargon. It also allows English learners to express their opinions and engage in critical thinking. By exploring the advantages and disadvantages of traditional books and e-books, learners can expand their language proficiency while fostering analytical and communicative abilities.
E-readers like the Kindle are become increasingly popular in today’s modern society. Traditional paperback books seemed to be experiencing the opposite trend as people would rather read on their e-reader or tablet.
Some of the advantages of an e-reader are obvious, but the traditional book still comes with its fair share of benefits leaving public opinion split as to which is better.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What's better, traditional books or E-books?
- Do you like reading?
- Do you have an e-reader?
- Are some type of books better with an e-reader?
- Why have e-readers become so popular?
- Are there less book shops where you live compared to when you were a child?
- What are the benefits of traditional paperback and hardback books?
- How do you feel about the smell and feel of a physical book versus reading on a screen?
- Do you think e-books will eventually replace traditional books completely?
- How do you think libraries and bookstores are affected by the popularity of e-books?