Things To Do On Holiday
Engaging in conversations about holiday activities allows learners to expand their vocabulary, improve their grammar and practice expressing their preferences and opinions.
Discussing this topic also encourages the use of descriptive language and storytelling, enabling learners to develop their fluency and creativity. By sharing personal experiences and exchanging ideas on various holiday destinations and activities, English learners can gain confidence in their speaking abilities.
What Do People Commonly Do On Holiday?
On holiday, people enjoy a wide range of activities that bring joy and relaxation. One common pastime is sightseeing, where they explore famous landmarks and immerse themselves in the local culture. Additionally, many love to indulge in culinary adventures by trying traditional dishes and visiting local markets.
Relaxation is another favourite, with people seeking tranquility on beaches or natural settings. Engaging in outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, or cycling is also popular for those seeking an active holiday.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What type of things do you like to do on holiday?
- Is there anything you don’t like doing when you're on holiday?
- Do you prefer relaxing holidays or adventurous ones?
- Do you like to try local food while on holiday?
- Have you ever met interesting people while on vacation?
- Is it better to visit new places or go back to your favorite vacation spots?
- Are all-inclusive resorts a good choice for a more relaxed holiday experience?
- If you were planning a vacation for your friends, what activities and places would you include?
- Are you a fan of shopping during your holidays?
- Do you enjoy visiting museums or historical sites during your holidays?
- Would you enjoy adventurous activities like zip-lining, bungee jumping or skydiving while on vacation?
- If you had the opportunity to spend just one day on vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do?