Punishment For Animal Abuse
The majority of people find animal abuse awful and are against animal cruelty in any form. People who are deliberately cruel to animals are generally seen as horrid people who deserve to be dealt with by the police.
Even though people’s feelings towards animal cruelty are clear, the punishment given to people who abuse animals does not always reflect the severity of the crime.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What should the punishment be for animal abuse?
- Do you think that the punishment for animal abuse is sufficient?
- Should people who abuse animals be treated in the same way as those who abuse children?
- How are animal rights viewed in your country?
- What types of punishments are suitable for animal abusers?
- Is it ever acceptable to abuse animals?
- What do you think the government can do to reduce animal abuse?