Owning A Dog
Dogs are considered to be man’s best friend for a reason. They provide companionship, love and loyalty, and are always happy to see their owners come home.
In addition, dogs require a lot of attention and care. If they are not taken on walks or played with enough, they may become destructive or start to bark excessively. It is important to research the type of dog you are interested in before you decide to adopt one.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What restrictions should there be on owning dogs?
- What should the restrictions be?
- Should there be exceptions to the rules?
- How will the restrictions be beneficial?
- What difficulties could there be to enforce the restrictions?
- What consequences should there be for people who break the restrictions?