The Most Difficult Languages
Many people find learning a new language difficult. From a young age, they learn and are taught rules about their own native language which are engrained in their brains, but when you try and learn a different language that goes against those rules and it can be very difficult.
Depending on your native language, some languages, which are usually similar in origin, are easier to pick up than others. What languages do you think are the most difficult to learn?
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What languages do you think are the most difficult to learn?
- What languages do you speak?
- What do you think makes learning a new language difficult?
- Why do you think some people find learning different languages easier than others?
- What makes learning a language difficult?