The Best Time To Go On Holiday
The topic of the best time to go on holiday is an excellent choice for beginner English learners to discuss, as it offers multiple benefits for language improvement. It allows learners to practice basic vocabulary related to time, seasons and travel. Discussing this topic also encourages learners to engage in meaningful conversations, expressing their preferences and opinions using simple sentence structures. Additionally, it provides an opportunity to practice using comparative adjectives, such as “better”, “worse” or “hotter”.
When People Go On Holiday
People like to go on holiday at different times. Some prefer the summer because it’s warm and sunny, and they can relax on beaches. Others enjoy winter holidays for activities like skiing.
Spring and autumn are popular for milder weather and fewer crowds. People also consider school breaks, holidays and special events when planning vacations. The best time to go on holiday depends on personal preferences, weather and other factors.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- When do you like to go on holiday?
- What things do you think about when deciding the best time for a holiday?
- How does the weather affect your choice of holiday time?
- Have you tried going on holiday at different times of the year?
- Do you like going to crowded or less crowded holiday destinations?
- Is the cost of a holiday important when deciding the best time to go?
- Are summer holidays more fun than winter holidays?
- If you could only go on holiday during one season, which season would you choose and why?
- If you had a lot of money, where and when would you go on your dream holiday?
- Would you cancel a holiday if the weather was bad?