Whether a business is successful or not depends on a number of different factors. One of those factors is often the location of a business, which could mean the country, city, town or even street the business is located in. What may be a successful and thriving business in one place might be unsuccessful in another. Think about the area you live in and what businesses are successful. Now think about what businesses have closed down. Try and come up with reasons why you think these businesses have either failed or succeeded.
- What successful businesses can you think of in your local area?
- Why do you think they succeeded?
- Can you think of any businesses that have failed in your local area?
- Why do you think they failed?
- If you were going to start a business in your local area what would it be? Why?
- Company noun
- Local adjective
- Succeed verb
- Fail verb
- Close down phrasal verb
- Successful adjective
- Success noun
- Thrive verb
- Come up with phrasal verb