Lýdia Machová is a language mentor who is fluent in 7 languages. Rather than teach people languages she teaches people how they can learn different languages.
Watch the video below where Lýdia explains the secrets to language learning that she has come across, test your understanding with the questions below and then discuss the talking points.
Test Your Understanding
- What are polyglots?
- What was Lucas’s method to learning Russian?
- What is the one thing all polyglots have in common?
- What different methods of learning does Lýdia talk about?
- Does Lýdia say you can learn a language in 2 months?
- Do you disagree with anything Lýdia said in her talk?
- What do you think are the difficulties in implementing the methods and techniques she talks about?
- Why do you think many people find it difficult to learn different languages?
- What is your method for learning English?
- Is there anything from the video that you would like to implement into your language learning?
- Polyglot noun
- Method noun
- Improve verb
- Implement verb
- System noun
- Technique noun