Communication at the Workplace
Improvements in technology have changed the possible ways in which we can communicate with each other. One area that has changed significantly is the workplace. Years ago it would be a phone call, letter or fax that would be used to communicate, but now it could be an email, video call, text message or any one of the messenger systems available today.
With so many options now available to communicate with work colleagues it is debatable which method actually works best. Although some methods might be very easy and simple to do, the effectiveness of these methods is sometimes called into question.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What are the best ways of communicating with your work colleagues?
- What ways did people communicate with their work colleagues thirty years ago?
- What ways do people communicate with their colleagues now?
- What are the pros and cons of each method of communicating that are currently used?
- Overall, what do you think is the best way to communicate with work colleagues? Why?