Historically war has occurred for many different reasons.
Some countries have a history of conflict over land or resources, and they’re always at odds with each other.
Other times, countries may go to war because they have different political views or ideologies.
And then sometimes it’s just because they want to show off their military power and might by fighting another country.
Countries may also decide to go to war for money or economic reasons.
If a country has a lot of money and power, but not enough resources to support its population, then it might want to take over another country that has those resources so that it can use them for itself.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Why do you think countries go to war?
- Do you think war is necessary for human evolution?
- Are there any benefits of war?
- Who suffers most during a war?
- When was the last war involving your country?
- Would you say civil wars are more problematic for the general population over regional or global wars?
- How do you think we can reduce the amount of wars and conflict that happen globally?
- In general, who do you think is responsible for most wars?
- Do you know anyone who has fought in a war?
- How do you think war affects everyday people?
- What would the effects be of a nuclear war?