Unusual Conversation Questions
Unusual conversation questions can be a powerful and fun tool for English learners looking to improve their vocabulary and overall language proficiency.
Engaging with thought-provoking topics pushes students to think creatively, encouraging them to explore new words and expressions outside their comfort zone. These questions inspire richer, more dynamic discussions, helping students enhance their speaking, listening, and comprehension skills.
What You Can Expect
You can expect to find a diverse array of thought-provoking and unconventional questions designed to challenge your language skills and spark engaging conversations. These questions cover a wide range of topics, from hypothetical scenarios and futuristic concepts to cultural fusion and creative problem-solving. You’ll encounter questions that prompt you to imagine new worlds, invent innovative solutions and ponder the impact of various phenomena on our society.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- If you could have a superpower based on an animal's ability, which animal would you choose and why?
- What would your dream house look like if it could be built on another planet?
- If you could travel back in time to witness one historical event, which event would you choose and why?
- If you could invent a new sport that combined elements from two existing sports, what would it be called and what would the rules be?
- What type of museum would you create if you had an unlimited budget and resources?
- If you could spend a day in the life of any fictional character, who would it be and what would you do?
- Imagine a world without colour. How do you think people would express themselves or communicate emotions differently?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, but it had to be a combination of two different cuisines, what would your chosen meal be?
- What kind of device or technology would you invent to solve a common everyday problem?
- If a new island was discovered and you were given the opportunity to name it and create its culture, what would you call it and what would its traditions be?
- Would you rather have the ability to speak every language fluently or be able to communicate with animals? Why?
- If you could choose any animal to be the new official mascot for your country, which animal would you choose and why?
- Which extinct animal would you bring back to life, and how do you think its presence would impact the modern world?
- If you could add a new holiday to the calendar, what would it celebrate?
- What kind of monument or statue would you create to represent a positive quality or achievement of humanity?
- If you were asked to design a new mode of transportation, what would it look like and how would it function?
- Which two famous people, from different time periods, would you invite to a dinner party and why?
- What do you think life would be like if humans were nocturnal creatures?
- How would society change if humans could live for 300 years?
- If you had the power to change one aspect of human nature, what would it be and why?
- Imagine a world where people could only communicate through music. How do you think this would change our society?
- If you could create a new, unique type of weather, what would it be like and how would it affect the world?
- What do you think would happen if all humans suddenly lost the ability to lie?
- If you were given the opportunity to create a new holiday tradition, what would it be and how would it bring people together?
- What new flavour of ice cream would you invent, and what would you name it?
- Would you rather explore the depths of the ocean or travel to the farthest reaches of outer space?
- What role would you play in a society where jobs no longer existed and people pursued their passions?
- What new form of entertainment would you create to captivate audiences in a technologically advanced world?
- How would you create a utopian society that balanced the needs of all its members?
- How do you think education would be different in a world where people could instantly access any information?