The beach is a place that people like to go to so they can relax and enjoy the sun, sand and sea.
Some people like the beach because they can go swimming, surfing or bodyboarding. Others like it because they can just sit in their beach chairs and listen to the waves crashing against the shore.
Children like going to the beach so they can splash in the sea and build sand castles.
Some people also like going to the beach to look for different types of shells which they can take home and collect.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you like going to the beach question?
- What time of the year do you prefer to go to the beach?
- When was the last time you went to the beach?
- Why do you think the beach is so popular?
- Are you going to go to the beach this year?
- Do you like going to the beach during the winter question?