Supermarket Vs Online Shopping
Online shopping for groceries has increased massively in popularity in recent years where people prefer to order their shopping online rather than go to the supermarket.
Those who have transitioned to online grocery shopping have said it saves them a lot of time and is very convenient whereas those who continue to physically go to the supermarket have stated that they prefer to choose the products they want especially when it comes to fruit and vegetables.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Do you prefer shopping at a physical supermarket or online? Why?
- What are some advantages of shopping at a physical supermarket?
- What are some advantages of shopping online?
- Have you ever had a bad experience while shopping at a physical supermarket? What happened?
- Have you ever had a bad experience while shopping online? What happened?
- Do you think online shopping will eventually replace physical supermarkets? Why or why not?
- Do physical supermarkets offer better quality products than online retailers?
- Is online shopping more environmentally friendly than shopping at a physical supermarket?
- Would you say it's more cost-effective to shop at a physical supermarket or online? Why?
- Do you think online shopping pose a threat to jobs in the retail industry?