A Minimum Wage
Most people will think of the minimum wage as a good way to ensure people are paid a salary that will at the very least allow them to live with basic means.
The question of whether a minimum wage can have any negative effects is rarely asked as most people only think about it from the worker’s personal point of view. However, when you start looking at the bigger picture it can allow you to answer the question of whether should there be a minimum wage or not.
- What is the minimum wage in your country?
- Do you think it should be higher or lower? Why?
- Who benefits from a minimum wage?
- Who doesn’t benefit from a minimum wage?
- Who should decide the minimum wage?
- What effect does a minimum wage have on small businesses?
- What effect does a minimum wage have on large corporations?