Although guns are very common in the US, not only with police officers but also with the public, in Europe and other countries around the world armed police are not very common at all. In fact if you ask Europeans if they would like police officers to carry guns in their country there is a very mixed response usually in favour of police officers not carrying guns. There are arguments on both sides as to why police should or shouldn’t carry guns, but it is often not a clear cut answer and it often contains many variables.
- Do police carry guns in your country?
- If yes, do all police or just a select few?
- Can a member of the public carry a gun in your country?
- What are the benefits of police officers carrying guns?
- What is the downside of police officers carrying guns?
- Overall do you think it is more beneficial for society if police officers carry guns?
- Gun noun
- Carry verb
- Beneficial adjective
- Society noun
- Police noun
- Officer noun
- Public noun
- Clear cut idiom
- In favour idiom
- Common adjective