Although guns are very common in the US, not only among police officers but also among the public, in Europe and other countries around the world armed police are not very common at all. In fact if you ask Europeans if they would like police officers to carry guns in their country there is a very mixed response usually in favour of police officers not carrying guns. There are arguments on both sides as to why police should or shouldn’t carry guns, but it is often not a clear-cut answer and it often contains many variables.
- Do police carry guns in your country? If yes, do all police or just a select few?
- Can a member of the public carry a gun in your country?
- What are the benefits of police officers carrying guns?
- What is the downside of police officers carrying guns?
- Overall, do you think it is more beneficial for society if police officers carry guns?