Famous People’s Privacy
Famous people are in the spotlight all the time. Many very famous celebrities are often followed constantly by journalists or photographers who seemingly have no respect for their privacy or personal space.
It is easy to think that some of these journalists and photographers go too far with the pursuit of celebrities, but given that these famous people make a living out of being in the public eye maybe the lack of privacy should be something that is expected, and if you want privacy you should pursue a different career out of the public eye.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Should famous people be allowed privacy?
- Do you think famous people suffer from a lack of privacy?
- Do you think they deserve the same privacy as the everyday person?
- When does invading someone’s privacy turn into harassment?
- If you were famous how do you think you would feel about the attention you would receive from the press?
- What, if anything, could be done to allow famous people more privacy?