Famous people are in the spotlight all the time. Many very famous celebrities are often followed constantly by journalists or photographers who seemingly have no respect for their privacy of personal space.
It is easy to think that some of these journalists and photographers go too far with the pursuit of celebrities, but given that these famous people make a living out of being in the public eye maybe the lack of privacy should be something that is expected, and if you want privacy you should pursue a different career out of the public eye.
- Do you think famous people suffer from lack of privacy?
- Do you think they deserve the same privacy as the everyday person?
- When does invading someone’s privacy turn into harassment?
- If you were famous how do you think you would feel about attention you would receive from the press?
- What, if anything, could be done to allow famous people more privacy?
- Harassment noun
- Press noun
- Famous adjective
- Journalist noun
- Public eye idiom
- Privacy noun
- Lack noun
Think of a sentence using each of the following phrasal verbs relating to this topic:
- Put up with
example: I think celebrities should be able to put up with the lack of privacy they receive
- Get away with
- Let down
- Figure out