The law for mandatory military services differs from country to country. Although many western countries don’t force people to join the military, in countries such as South Korea requires all males between 18 and 28 years of age to perform compulsory military service.
The general feeling amongst people of whether it should be mandatory or not differs. Some believe that we should all have the free will to decide what we do with our lives, but others argue that a period of time in the military is extremely beneficial for a person’s life as they will learn valuable skills during their time with the military.
- Does your country have mandatory military service?
- Do you think it is fair that in countries like South Korea only men have to perform compulsory military service?
- What benefits do you think compulsory military will give to the individual and country as a whole?
- What are the arguments against mandatory military service?
- Would you like to see mandatory military service introduced in your country? Or if your country already has mandatory military service, would you like to see it abolished?
- Military noun
- Mandatory adjective
- Abolish verb
- Compulsory adjective
- Force verb
- Extremely adverb
- As a whole idiom
- Differ verb
- Enrol verb