Legality of Cannabis
Cannabis, also known as marijuana, is a very popular recreational drug despite the fact that it is illegal in many countries. Whether cannabis should be illegal or not is a topic that seems to be debated more frequently in recent years and some states in the US are changing the law to make it legal. Those in favour of legalising cannabis point to its beneficial uses and little side effects when compared to other illegal drugs such as cocaine or heroin. However, those who think it should remain illegal focus on the detrimental effects cannabis use can have on a person’s life especially when used excessively.
- Is cannabis illegal where you live?
- Do you think there are benefits of cannabis? If yes, what?
- What do you think the negative effects of cannabis use are?
- What would the benefits be of making cannabis legal?
- Do you think cannabis should be legal?