Abortion has had phases throughout history of being both legal and illegal. Depending on the country you are currently living in it could either be legal or illegal to get an abortion.
There are some who argue that abortion at any stage of the woman’s pregnancy should be illegal and others who argue that until the baby is actually born it is part of the woman and therefore her choice of what is done.
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Should abortion be legal?
- Is abortion legal where you live?
- Has the law on abortion changed recently where you live?
- What arguments are there in favour of abortion being legal?
- What arguments are there against abortion being legal?