Refugees are people who have been forced to flee their native country due to persecution, conflict, or violence. Most of the time, these people have no choice but to abandon their familiar surroundings and loved ones in order to begin a new life in a different country.
Many difficulties arise for refugees once they reach their destination country and begin the process of assimilating into the local society. Language barriers, cultural adjustments, and the search for suitable job are all examples of such difficulties.
Despite these difficulties, refugees can enrich their new communities by contributing their extensive education, work experience, and other abilities.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What are some common reasons why people become refugees?
- How should refugees try to adapt to life in a new country?
- What challenges do refugees face when moving to a new country?
- How can we as a society support refugees in their new home?
- How do refugees contribute to the economy and culture of their new country?
- How do you think refugees treated in differently in countries around the world?
- What is the current situation for refugees in your country?
- What are some common misconceptions about refugees?
- What can we learn from the stories and experiences of refugees?
- How can we create a more welcoming and inclusive society for refugees?
- What are some ways to get involved in supporting refugees in your community?