Pizza is the world’s most popular food, and it’s not hard to see why. It’s delicious, it’s easy to make, and it’s been around for centuries.
The first recorded instance of a pizza-like dish was in ancient Greece, when people would put cheese on bread and cook it in the oven. But the modern idea of pizza as we know it today came from Naples, Italy, and it has since become one of the most beloved foods across the globe.
What makes pizza so universal? Aside from being delicious, pizza is adaptable to different cultures and tastes. In fact, there are more than 2 billion pizzas eaten each week worldwide!
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- What is your favourite pizza?
- Do you like pizza?
- How often do you eat pizza?
- What do you think about people who put pineapple on their pizza?
- Do you prefer thin crust of deep pan?
- Do you ever get pizza delivered to your home?
- Do you prefer to eat pizza at home or in a restaurant?
- What is the best pizza you have ever had?
- What is the worst pizza you have ever had?
- Have you ever had a calzone pizza? If not, do you think you would like it?
- Is pizza a good food for children?
- Why do you think pizza is so popular around the world?
- Apart from pizza, what other meals are as easy to prepare?