Music From The Past
In the age of streaming and digital music, it can be hard to remember what it was like to buy an album and sit down with a physical copy of your favourite band’s latest record.
Music from the past is a lot more than just old songs. It’s a time capsule of what people were thinking and feeling at the moment, which can be pretty cool to look back on.
But there’s something to be said for modern music as well. The new stuff is always changing, and it’s exciting to see how it’s evolving over time. Plus, there are all kinds of genres that didn’t exist back then, and it’s really fun to hear what those new sounds sound like!
Instructions:Go through the vocabulary below with your students and ask them to try and use this vocabaulry where possible when discussing the different conversation questions.
Try and use the following vocabulary when answering the question. Click to look up the definition in the dictionary
- Would you say music from the past is better than modern music?
- Do you like modern music?
- Is there any music from the past that you like to listen to?
- What's your favourite type of music to listen to?
- Why do you think some people hate modern music?
- What music did you like listening to when you were younger?